Time scale plz

General development discussion forum

Time scale plz

Postby global » March 15th, 2012, 8:37 am

im not looking for at 3pm on xx but more like test server up in 2 -5 months runing for 6 months then perm server
god i miss this game but do not like playing on a servers with blue frog or with wipes and

i dont expect it to be perfect at launch even with millons most company i mean all comapnys have been unable to do this so dont be scared to relase a server befor all classes and skills are in game the best part of SWG you can always change later
global

SWG Official Server: Farstar

Re: Time scale plz

Postby Virtul » March 15th, 2012, 10:37 am

It's open source what means you can download and install it anytime
Virtul

Postby global » March 16th, 2012, 10:33 am

the problem is one im not much good at running server software and secound if every one does becomes a single player game ;) what im asking is how long about to a playable server with out wipes is up im not on about a perfect sever or a server with all skills or all clases

but as so much more investment in playing SWG compared to wow as im sure the work to do it,

there still a need to keep lazy players like my self who only ever pops in to see if the words server up in tow so thirs not just a dead world of server admins playing when it is finalized

as a cybercafe owner i have seen a number of ex swg fans give up on wating and no long pay any attension to the development of the game or intrest in it relase due to the lack of news
global

SWG Official Server: Farstar

Postby Kronos » March 16th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Not sure what to tell you, other than we are actively working on the server. We just finished our 0.4 release. We plan on having new features and a more playable server for the next release. A timeline almost never makes sense on a volunteer project as too many things can interfere with it.

Once we have a playable server with solid features we will open it up to testing and we will make a big announcement, but we are not quite there yet. I know you are looking for more specifics, but I can not give you any at this time.
Kronos
Retired SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Wanderhome

Return to General Discussion